The Design and Technology Association is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to being clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
The Design and Technology Association may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our website
- you use our services
- you purchase a product
- you contact us
- you are a recipient of our services.
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your organisation’s name, your position in the organisation; the organisation’s address, organisation’s email address and telephone number
- your payment information such as credit or debit card details and bank account details.
Why do we collect this information and what do we use it for?
We collect your personal information to:
- provide you with services that you may request from us
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations
How do we collect this information?
We collect personal information:
- directly from customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or registers on our website
- from publicly available sources: e.g. social media, internet services.
Keeping your information safe and secure
The Design and Technology Association is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Third party access
Access to your personal information is only allowed when required by law. We do not, and will never, sell or share your personal information with third parties except when processing orders as necessary.
For British Council funded courses, data will be shared with the British Council for the purposes of administering the funded programme. For details, click here.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as needed to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation, in line with our retention policy.
Keeping you informed
We plan to keep you updated on Design and Technology education related matters including training and other events, resources to support teaching, curriculum and other projects or lobbying activities. You can opt out of these at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Access to personal information
To make a request to the Design and Technology Association for any personal information we may hold, we need you to contact us by writing to the address provided below or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “access request” in the subject.
We are committed to keeping your information up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However if you believe that we have made an error, then please contact us as we have outlined above and we will use reasonable endeavours to correct. You may also ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate, please contact us as outlined above.
For Google Chrome
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Settings”
- Click “Show advanced settings” link
- Find the section “Privacy” and select the relevant options
For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Choose the menu “tools then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select “Settings” to select the appropriate setting
For Mozilla Firefox
- Choose the menu “Tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu “Files”>”Preferences”
During your visits to the Design and Technology Association website you may notice some cookies that are not related to the Design and Technology Association. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook or YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from the ese websites. The Design and Technology Association does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
How to contact us
By email: email@example.com
Or write to us at: The Design and Technology Association, 11 Manor Park, Banbury, OX16 3TB